* Simple Citations for Genealogical Sources

The place to post news about genealogy products and services that might be of interest to other Family Historian users.
APerson
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

Simple Citations for Genealogical Sources

Post by APerson »

Family Roots Publishing Company has just announced today (New Year's Day 2024) that my new book Simple Citations for Genealogical Sources has been published. It is available directly from the publisher, as well as from Amazon.

Also, the templates discussed in the book are available for in the Knowledge Base.
Jeff La Marca
Author of Simple Citations for Genealogical Sources
Now Available from Amazon
Mark1834
Megastar

Re: Simple Citations for Genealogical Sources

Post by Mark1834 »

Checked the Amazon link, and it is not available in the UK. Don’t know if that’s just a commercial decision not to ship internationally, or something more fundamental.
Mark Draper
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

Mark, the PDF is available from the publisher, who also say they will ship the softback internationally (but I haven't looked at the price of shipping).
Mark1834
Megastar

Post by Mark1834 »

I checked out of interest, but the publisher won't disclose shipping costs until you register an account on their system :(...

I tend to take my business elsewhere when I see that, but that's not easy when it's the book publisher. The e-book is probably a lot simpler for international buyers.

Pity - I'm sure Jeff has done great work on this, and how the publisher handles it is outside his control, but they are not making it easy.
Mark Draper
ADC65
Superstar

Post by ADC65 »

Screenshot 2024-01-02 114350.png
Screenshot 2024-01-02 114350.png (24.63 KiB) Viewed 1710 times
Adrian Cook
Researching Cook, Summers, Phipps and Bradford, mainly in Wales and the South West of England
fhtess65
Megastar

Post by fhtess65 »

£32??? Are they kidding?

Wow! Absolutely no way!

I'm in Canada, so I'm sure it's about the same to get it here.

I might look at getting the pdf as I can load it onto my Kobo.
ADC65 wrote: 02 Jan 2024 11:44 Screenshot 2024-01-02 114350.png
---
Teresa Basińska Eckford
Librarian & family historian
http://writingmypast.wordpress.com
Researching: Spong, Ferdinando, Taylor, Lawley, Sinkins, Montgomery; Basiński, Hilferding, Ratowski, Paszkiewicz
jelv
Megastar

Post by jelv »

Following the link in Jeff's signature there's a link to the PDF: https://familyrootspublishing.net/produ ... 1759&_ss=r direct from the publisher.
John Elvin
APerson
Diamond

Post by APerson »

Mark1834 wrote: 02 Jan 2024 08:00 Checked the Amazon link, and it is not available in the UK. Don’t know if that’s just a commercial decision not to ship internationally, or something more fundamental.
Hi Mark,

I'll alert the publisher to this thread. I know he ships internationally. In fact, I know that he's already shipped a copy to Ireland. As the book just went up on Amazon yesterday (at least in the US), it may not yet appear on their UK or other sites. I really don't know. However, I can say that the publisher is very responsive - try writing here. FYI, I just sent him an e-mail and also alerted him to this thread. Thanks!
Jeff La Marca
deckie49
Gold

Post by deckie49 »

For those who may be interested, the book is definitely on the US Amazon.con site.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (175.23 KiB) Viewed 1570 times
APerson
Diamond

Post by APerson »

It's been a busy day and I am just getting back to responding. I heard back from the publisher and the book is not available in all countries (at least not in European Countries) on Amazon. The reason being is that shipping from the US to Europe is outrageous - apparently $30 (US dollars) or more, which is roughly the price of the book itself. Ugh!!!!! The publisher will, however, ship outside the US if you want the paperback version.

As has already been suggested, you can also purchase and download the pdf version online. If you want a hard copy, that should be printable. I know that I printed drafts of my book at home, several times, and then took it to the local print shop where they would spiral bind it. The book is 8 1/2 X 11 inches, which is very close to paper size European paper size A4. I suspect that it will print properly on that size and may be less than paying the shipping costs to Europe.

The book will also be available from other sellers, but I don't know what their shipping costs will be. Unfortunately, shipping costs seem to be skyrocketing - including here in the U.S. I received my own first two copies of the book a couple of hours ago and I just from the post office where I sent one those copies to a very close, elderly relative via U.S. priority mail - that cost me $17.05! If she wasn't so eager to see it, I would have found a less expensive way to ship it but it would take a lot longer to get to her.

I wish I had better news. Thanks for your understanding.
Jeff La Marca
ADC65
Superstar

Post by ADC65 »

APerson wrote: 02 Jan 2024 23:08 I wish I had better news. Thanks for your understanding.
You don't have to apologise for shipping costs. I run my own small business and I can tell you that postage costs are sky high. With PDFs available, it's easy for international customers to buy a copy if they want one.

Good luck with the sales and congratulations on getting it published.
Adrian Cook
Researching Cook, Summers, Phipps and Bradford, mainly in Wales and the South West of England
APerson
Diamond

Post by APerson »

ADC65 wrote: 02 Jan 2024 23:14
You don't have to apologise for shipping costs. I run my own small business and I can tell you that postage costs are sky high. With PDFs available, it's easy for international customers to buy a copy if they want one.

Good luck with the sales and congratulations on getting it published.
Thank you very much! I was just a bit surprised when I saw how much shipping was. I hope that the book will encourage people to cite their sources and reduce some of the stress many seem to face. That'll be a good thing for all of us.
Jeff La Marca