When you open any Diagram, Family Historian will be getting ready to print it, but it’s not always the best at optimising the amount of paper required.
Part 1 : Select and Setup Printer
- Open ƒh and the Diagram you would like to print.
- Select File > Print Setup
- Select your printer of choice.
- Select the Paper Size, in most cases you will need largest available, and depending on the shape of your diagram
- Set Orientation to Portrait or Landscape, as appropriate.
- Check the print quality, and colour settings to make sure they match your requirements.
- Click OK to confirm the Print Setup.From the File menu, select Page Setup.
- Use Diagram > Options > Print and check the paper Orientation matches that selected above, and that the other settings are satisfactory, then click OK.
Part 2 : Adjust Page Boundaries
- On the diagram turn on page boundaries by clicking on the Show Page Boundaries icon
- Hit the Fit Window diagram icon to zoom out to show the whole diagram:
- First grab the top left corner of a page with the left mouse button and drag it to the top left corner of the diagram.
- Now grab the bottom right corner of the page with the right mouse button and adjust the page edge so that the whole diagram is optimised to the “best” number of pages. Keep an eye on scale figure on the bottom left of the screen and remember if you scale down too far your text will be very difficult to read. e.g. a 20 point font at 50% is a 10 point font.
- If your diagram is over multiple pages, and you are going to be using the sticky tape, it’s also worth using the avoid page boundaries icon so that boxes are not printed over page edges.
Part 3: Review and Print
- Select File > Print Preview, and step though your pages and double check everything looks good.
- Make sure you have enough paper in the printer.
- Select File > Print
Family Historian PDF Defaults
Last update: 22 Feb 2024