* Downloading custom queries

Homeless Posts from the old forum system
James-H
Family Historian: None

Downloading custom queries

Post by James-H »

Hi ~ I'm a 'newbie' here and whilst waiting for the update Iwould like to try my hand with some of the custom queries that been posted by kind users who understand the language required to set them up. However when I downloaded one I received the message that windows couldn't open the file. I would be grateful if somebody could tell me what I am doing wrong. Many thanks ~James[confused]

ID:12
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Post by Jane »

Hi,

If you copy the queries to the

C:Program FilesFamily HistorianQueriesCustom
directory, and then open family historian. They should the appear in the FH query list.
jwj
Silver

Post by jwj »

Thinking of adding a query to the downloads page - but what do I put in the URL field?  Does the portal just maintain a hyperlink to the FHQ file on my PC, or does it upload the file to the portal? When my machine is offline (which is all but 1-2 hours a day max) no-one will be able to download, if it just maintains a hyperlink?
[confused]
garylunn

Post by garylunn »

Hi

I have downloaded three of the custom queries today to the directory stated by Jane and they work fine in FH.

Hope yours now work.

Gary Lunn
jwj
Silver

Post by jwj »

Duh!! Ignore my previous posting - I'd misunderstood how the downloads area works. I clicked on 'Add Download' by mistake, thinking that was how to add a query file to the query store. When I eventually found and clicked on the correct link, I was able to upload a query successfully. Must say though, it isn't the clesarest part of the site to get into, unless I'm doing it the hard way ...

[oops]
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Post by Jane »

Hi, Yes its a bit of a cludge as it combines two different applications. I will try and add the Query Store to the main menu. I have already added it to the right hand side quick links menu.