* File does not exist!

Gedcom Census is a discontinued program and has been replace by Ancestral Sources.
JohnT38
Family Historian: None

File does not exist!

Post by JohnT38 »

I keep my FH project and gedcom files on a networked drive - which is then synchronised onto my laptop. A system that has worked perfectly for a couple of years or so.

However, following the FH v4 upgrade, I have been working away with no problems using GedCom Census on the laptop - but having just tried to use GedCom Census on my desktop, I am receiving the errors 'The Selected File Does Not Exist: Please Try Again' and 'An error ocurred selecting this file. Object variable or With block variable not set'. Needless to say, the gedcom file Does exist, and opens fine from the laptop.

Copying the file from the server to a local drive makes no difference. So it does seem it is the desktop machine inself at fault. (A reinstall of GedCom Census made no difference)

Any assistance gratefully received!

Thanks,

John

ID:3791
JonAxtell
Superstar

File does not exist!

Post by JonAxtell »

Don't forget that V4 uses the project folder and if you've used this feature your Gedcom file will have changed it's location.
JohnT38

File does not exist!

Post by JohnT38 »

No - I'm using the project folders - about 30 of them - and none of the gedcom data files are being opened from this particular desktop PC.

That said; I've just put GedCom Census on another desktop (running Win7RC) and it works perfectly - so it is down to only the one machine - which, for what it's worth - is running XPPro.
NickWalker
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

File does not exist!

Post by NickWalker »

I've contacted John via email with a possible solution to this.

Nick
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/