* Saving Images in GC

Gedcom Census is a discontinued program and has been replace by Ancestral Sources.
andrewbraid
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Saving Images in GC

Post by andrewbraid »

I am using FH 4.0.2 and GC 6.0.6

I have transferred my census image files from the original folder used with FH 3 into an FH Project media folder but I have used exactly the same sub-directories under media as I had with FH3.

When I come to save an image file GC sometimes automatically picks the correct folder under the media folder but often reverts to the old folder, where it also opens the correct folder.

I can see no way to prevent this from happening as there seems to be no options of where images are stored.  What can I do?

ID:4010
Andrew Braid
NickWalker
Megastar

Saving Images in GC

Post by NickWalker »

Gedcom Census remembers the folder you last accessed an image from for each census. So if, for example, the last 1861 UK census you accessed was in the new media folder then it would default to there. If the 1851 UK census images were last accessed under the old folders then that is where it will defaults. If you were to rename the original media folder then Gedcom Census wouldn't be able to open the previous and ought to instead open the last image folder you accessed. If you're confident with registry editing then an alternative would be to delete or change the entries under HKCUSoftwareGedcom CensusImage Paths

Hope this helps

Nick
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
andrewbraid
Famous

Saving Images in GC

Post by andrewbraid »

Nick

Thanks.  That might be the reason as, although I have used FH4 since it was released, it is only recently that I have started adding census data again (I have been busy adding BMD data,) so GC may still be remembering the last time I added census data.  I will ensure that I add data for every census year and see if I still have the problem.
Andrew Braid