* Getting Started - now available in Paperback

News and Announcements from the Family Historian World
admin
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Getting Started - now available in Paperback

Post by admin »

For some time 'My History' have provided a printed and bound copy of the standard Getting Started Manual. There is a small advertisement for it here on the FHUG site. The My History version is full colour and has options to add additional pages

Calico Pie have recently announced a new paperback version of the manual is available from them for £9.99, and can be ordered on the link below.

http://stores.lulu.com/calicopie

I see that the book is actually being produced by Lulu.com, which means most people should be able to order a copy from their 'local' Lulu meaning delivery costs should be kept to a minimum. The Calico Pie version looks to be Black and White inside.

If any of the visitors to this site purchase a copy I would appreciate some feedback here as to the quality and delivery costs, so other users can make an assessment. Thanks.
ian112
Silver
Family Historian: None

Post by ian112 »

I have just obtained a copy of Where to record it in family historian guide written by William Clegg. I wonder if any one else has got a copy?

Ian Thompson
gizgazuk
Gold

Post by gizgazuk »

Hi
Just to let you all know what it's like as I've just received my copy. Ordered via paypal on the 15th, received an email on the 24th to say it had been dispatched (UPS). Unfortunately UPS sent it to the wrong depot and as I'd had it sent to work address I eventually got hold of it on Monday 28th. Well it's A4 size, glossy cover in 285gms material (ok, could have been bit thicker) 195 pages on 80gms material (typical photocopy paper thickness, but smoother) looks like laser printed (?) nice and clear, diagrams not quite as clear but fine. Everything is b&w. Overall very pleased for a total of £12.74 (£2.75 postage, very reasonable considering UPS delivery). Easier to carry about than a folder (to work for lunchtime reading) but the cover will probably take a beating.

Gary
HNyman
Diamond

Post by HNyman »

I haven't actually ordered a copy, due to the shipping cost. For delivery to me in Israel the cost was £5.41, making the total £15.40.

Harvey
rlparsons
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

Post by rlparsons »

Re 'back taking a beating', I find that covering a paperback outer with the self adhesive transparent material available from W H Smiths etc., works very well and considerably extends the life of well-used paperbacks! Just a thought.