* Standard Place Name formatting

Questions about managing place and address information, and using maps and geocoding
dewilkinson
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Standard Place Name formatting

Post by dewilkinson »

I have popluated Standard Place names in the same way that I have for Places with commas dividing the same segments. In the sentence format is there anyway to replicate the removal of unused commas as _place does? My sentence template is :-

<para>{individual} appeared in the census taken on< {%FACT.DATE:DAY_OF_WEEK%}>< {date}>< at {_place}>< (now known as {%FACT.PLAC>STAN%})>< {age}><, {inline-note}>

An example of the output is:-

She appeared in the census taken on Sunday 3rd April 1881 at Back Lane, Needham Market, Suffolk, England (now known as , School Street,, Needham Market, Suffolk, England) aged 12, daughter attending school and living with her parents Jessie and Sarah, brothers William, Jessie, Thomas, Walter, Frank and James, and sister Mary. Born in Needham Market Suffolk.

After '....now known as' you can see the surplus commas.

Is it possible to automatically remove the surplus commas or am I going to need to manually amend the entries?
David Wilkinson researching Bowtle, Butcher, Edwards, Gillingham, Overett, Ransome, Simpson, and Wilkinson in East Anglia

Deterioration is contagious, and places are destroyed or renovated by the spirit of the people who go to them
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Re: Standard Place Name formatting

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

Have a look at the TextPart function with the Tidy parameter.
dewilkinson
Superstar

Re: Standard Place Name formatting

Post by dewilkinson »

Thank you for the pointer which worked perfectly. Not a function I have used before.

Much appreciated.
David Wilkinson researching Bowtle, Butcher, Edwards, Gillingham, Overett, Ransome, Simpson, and Wilkinson in East Anglia

Deterioration is contagious, and places are destroyed or renovated by the spirit of the people who go to them