* Offer to retain settings

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
ColinMc
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Offer to retain settings

Post by ColinMc »

Recently I've noticed in the last few weeks that "Offer to retain settings " is not actually working (running v7.8.6). Never had time to investigate in detail till now however.

I have input several Births today, and each time AS has closed after I complete the save after entering the data.

I have checked, and I do have "offer to retain settings" ticked on 5 of the six Sections in AS option (Death is the missing one)!

I cannot be certain, but I believe that it has worked with some census entries. Is there another setting I may have changed by mistake which would over-ride my choice?

Thanks

Colin
Colin McDonald - Researching McDonald, McGillivray, Tait, Rountree families
LornaCraig
Megastar

Re: Offer to retain settings

Post by LornaCraig »

Do you open AS directly, or launch it using Mike’s plugin? I don’t use the plugin but I know it has a Close on 'Save Entry To File' ? option so if you untick that it won't close AS after each save.

Otherwise AS shouldn’t close after saving, regardless of whether you have selected “Offer to retain settings”.
Lorna
ColinMc
Superstar

Re: Offer to retain settings

Post by ColinMc »

Great, as you suspected, that was exactly the problem.

No idea how I managed to select that - I presume it must have been by accident/unwittingly. Anyway you've solved my problem.

Many thanks

Colin
Colin McDonald - Researching McDonald, McGillivray, Tait, Rountree families