* Re: CREATE SOURCE TEMPLATE DEFINITIONS v1.0

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
Gary_G
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: CREATE SOURCE TEMPLATE DEFINITIONS v1.0

Post by Gary_G »

Is there a way to "promote" less than the full set of imported & converted RootsMagic templates in FH7?
At the moment, it appears that the plugin only imports all templates from the imported project.
I'm trying to pull just a few from each of several imported projects in an effort to standardize my set templates.
Realizing that modifying plugins is not a two-second task, I'm willing to try to do it manually if there is a way.
Gary Gauthier
Hunting History in the Wild!
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

It should be possible to create a Copy of the Project and delete the Source Template records that are not required as Definitions. Then run the plugin on the copied & edited Project. Finally, delete the Copy of the Project.
Repeat for each imported RM Project.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Gary_G
Megastar

Post by Gary_G »

Thanks, Mike.
I've only 4-5 projects to import, so it's "do-able".
Gary Gauthier
Mark1834
Megastar

Post by Mark1834 »

Another tool you may find useful is this old FHUG plugin that tabulates all your available Source Template Definitions to give you an overview of what is available and the ability to easy find similar templates.

As it happens, this is next on my list of potentially useful FHUG plugins for processing. I will add an improved user interface and more tailored selection of user-defined collections, and upload to the Plugin Store over the next few days.
Mark Draper
Gary_G
Megastar

Post by Gary_G »

Thank you Mark. I look forward to seeing the updated version. It will make things so much easier.

I appreciate you posting a reference to the Tabulate Source Template Definition plugin. It will help me get my head around the issue of standardizing things a bit.
Gary Gauthier