* pulling image properites into FH

Questions about using and managing media in FH
Jackson
Gold
Family Historian: V7

pulling image properites into FH

Post by Jackson »

I saw a video where you change a photo/media properties before adding it to FH and FH adds the info as Title date and notes. Is there a way to get FH to reaquire this info if the media properties has been changed After it is already in FH? I'm looking more in bulk than 1 at a time, but either would work

also i doubt it, but is there a way to have FH write the same info to the images properties? ( that would be great!)
Vyger
Famous

Re: pulling image properites into FH

Post by Vyger »

Jackson, that may have been my video and something which was previously on my mind.

A refresh option could form a New Wish List Request but I can foresee concerns over properties which had been edited in FH being overwritten, so think through how it would work for all.

I believe the file should be the home of Title, Description, Date acquired and Keywords so they exist for any program which can make use of them.

Jackson
Genealogy Reviews - research methods for a more productive future
Jackson
Gold

Post by Jackson »

Vyger wrote: 01 Feb 2024 15:30 I can foresee concerns over properties which had been edited in FH being overwritten, so think through how it would work for all.
I would think the simpliest way to do it would be a similar format as Treeshare in RM. a thumbnail of the media then a column showing the properties in the Media itself and a 2nd column with FM's info. Stick 2 arrows between them one pointing left and one right for the direction you would like to move the Info from/to.
Gary_G
Megastar

Post by Gary_G »

It would be nice to see FH utilize IPTC metadata more fully than it currently does.

I would be nice if FH imported the standard IPTC metadata with the media file whenever FH fields with a similar purpose exist and then kept those the two in sync during any changes to either.

This would require a capability to cause FH to rescan the media files for changes in metadata; either periodically or on demand. It would also require the ability for the user to block the update of the file metadata, the FH media field data, or both.
Gary Gauthier
Hunting History in the Wild!