* Source Template Fields (t)

Questions about Generic and Templated Sources within FH and their associated Citations and Repositories
StephensKS
Gold
Family Historian: V7

Source Template Fields (t)

Post by StephensKS »

I am having trouble with fields on source templates. I want items such as Title, Author and Repository to appear in the dialog window when creating a new source. If I add them in the template, it creates duplicate fields, Title (t), Author (t), and Repository (t). These (t) fields do not show on the records list. The only solution that I have found is to create the source without these fields then in the source records list right click on the source and choose "add field". While this works it is cumbersome.

Is there a better way to do this? Can I get the "regular" fields to appear in the list of fields when creating a source from a template?
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Source Template Fields (t)

Post by tatewise »

No, you cannot use Source Templates to include standard generic GEDCOM fields in the Citation Window or Source Property Box.

I'm not sure why you include Title in the list because that is displayed by default and usually its text is compiled automatically by FH using the Title Format in the Source Template.

To display fields such as Author and Repository in the Citation Window or Source Property Box use the cog menu option Customize Citation Window.../Property Box... and add the Items from the left.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
KFN
Superstar

Re: Source Template Fields (t)

Post by KFN »

I'm not sure why you include Title in the list because that is displayed by default and usually its text is compiled automatically by FH using the Title Format in the Source Template.
I do use the SOUR.TITL because the imported GEDCOM Source_Record has information and I personally want all Source_Records to look the same when I export the GEDCOM at a later date. This is one reason to not automatically create a SOUR.TITL in FH!