* Ancestry Synchronization Lua Error

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
Dave.Drummond
Family Historian: V7

Ancestry Synchronization Lua Error

Post by Dave.Drummond »

I'm trying to use the "Compare Project with Linked RM File" having just use "Export GEDCOM File" and imported the GEDCOM into RootsMagic 9 (registered) to create an RM FIle that I've linked. After a short time I get the error below with the progress bar stuck at "Getting RM Marriage" - Continue has no effect. 6500 people in project. Any ideas?

[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:1709: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')
stack traceback:
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:1709: in function 'CheckFamilyFact'
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:764: in function 'AuditRMFile'
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:260: in function <[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:259>
(...tail calls...)
[C]: in function 'iuplua.Popup'
elem/dialog.lua:36: in method 'popup'
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:281: in function 'Menu'
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:124: in function 'main'
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:3136: in main chunk
jelv
Megastar

Re: Ancestry Synchronization Lua Error

Post by jelv »

Which version are you using - Mark has just released version 2.3. If you haven't updated it might be worth trying that first.
John Elvin
Mark1834
Megastar

Post by Mark1834 »

Welcome to FHUG, Dave. John’s suggestion is a good first step, as it looks like the error message arose from an earlier version, and there were a couple of reported bugs fixed in the latest update.

If you still get the error, we can work it offline to track down. This type of error often arises from the way RM structures its data (which is significantly different to FH), so it may need you to forward me the exported GEDCOM file if you are happy to do that (please don’t post it here).
Mark Draper
Dave.Drummond

Post by Dave.Drummond »

I downloaded the plug-in yesterday so latest version (2.3) with Family Historian 7.0.22.

I guess it has found data is doesn't like.

No problem working off-line if I knew how to!

Dave
Mark1834
Megastar

Post by Mark1834 »

Dave has kindly shared his GEDCOM file to aid diagnosis, and the root cause was down to differences between how FH and RM treat unnamed (not missing) individuals.

The temporary workaround is to add a dummy placeholder name (even just a ? is fine) to any unnamed individual prior to running the plugin.

I’ll update the store with a permanent fix over the next few days.
Mark Draper