* Custom Facts

Questions about the facilities for planning and tracking your research within FH
PhilipR
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

Custom Facts

Post by PhilipR »

Good evening

I have been watching a YouTube video by Gary Jones titled Family History Research - Data, Organisation, Layout and Usage. He is using the Family Historian software.
I have attached a screenshot from his presentation showing the Property Window with a To Do area on top of the Main Screen tab as per the red circle.
He refers to the To Do line as a Custom Fact or Custom Field. I don't know where exactly to look in the FHUG Knowledge Base to find an article on how to include a To Do line.
Having the To Do line would enable me to see what is outstanding for the individual I am working on with possible reference back to the Research Notes if a lengthy note is required.

I hope someone can assist.
Philip
Attachments
Gary Jones 1..png
Gary Jones 1..png (461.97 KiB) Viewed 650 times
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Custom Facts

Post by tatewise »

Hi Philip. Not sure why you posted this is in Media but I've moved it to Research Planning.

Details of the To Do custom fact and Property Box customisation, etc, can be found in the FHUG Knowledge Base at To-Do List Attribute and To Do Lists. A Quick Search for To Do easily found both of them.
There are variations on that theme and one option is to customize the Main tab of the Property Box (as you illustrated) instead of a separate custom tab.

However, now FH V7 has Research Notes the To Do attribute is not so useful.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

Planning and Tracking Your Research is an overview of the options available in FH.
PhilipR
Diamond

Post by PhilipR »

tatewise wrote: 29 Nov 2023 10:14 Hi Philip. Not sure why you posted this is in Media but I've moved it to Research Planning.

Details of the To Do custom fact and Property Box customisation, etc, can be found in the FHUG Knowledge Base at To-Do List Attribute and To Do Lists. A Quick Search for To Do easily found both of them.
There are variations on that theme and one option is to customize the Main tab of the Property Box (as you illustrated) instead of a separate custom tab.

However, now FH V7 has Research Notes the To Do attribute is not so useful.
Thanks for that. I think I will use the existing Note area on the Main tab to refer to the Research Notes.
Philip
PhilipR
Diamond

Post by PhilipR »

ColeValleyGirl wrote: 29 Nov 2023 10:49 Planning and Tracking Your Research is an overview of the options available in FH.
Thanks for that. I think I will use the existing Notes section on the Main tab to refer to the Research Notes.
Philip.