* Remembering repository

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
Tony Jones
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

Remembering repository

Post by Tony Jones »

Whenever I use AS, I tend to follow individuals up and down various life events. I'll try to bunch census entries, but still have to swap around between (eg) birth / marriage / death / burial entries. Each time I have to fill in the Repository, and it gets a bit vexing when it hasn't changed for the whole session.

Am I missing an option to set the Repository for the session? Of course, I may be using Repository incorrectly, but I' rather stuck with my blanket list, which includes FMP and Ancestry as main locations.

Suggestions welcome
Using an iMac Ventura Intel via Parallels v19 / Win 10 64-bit
NickWalker
Megastar

Re: Remembering repository

Post by NickWalker »

Hi Tony

No unfortunately currently there isn't an option to save it for the entire session, just for same source type. I'll make a note of this as a possible future enhancement.

Cheers

Nick
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
brianlummis
Superstar

Post by brianlummis »

Nick

Can I just endorse Tony's request as I was about to ask the same question. I tend to use The National Archives quite a lot as the Repository, particularly where Census and 1939 Register entries are concerned, as that is where the original documents are held. Others may use FMP or Ancestry but I consider them to be only a "middle man" !

It does get a bit laborious having to reset the repository each time.

Brian
Tony Jones
Diamond

Post by Tony Jones »

NickWalker wrote: 09 Nov 2023 14:21 Hi Tony

No unfortunately currently there isn't an option to save it for the entire session, just for same source type. I'll make a note of this as a possible future enhancement.

Cheers

Nick
Thanks!
Using an iMac Ventura Intel via Parallels v19 / Win 10 64-bit
NickWalker
Megastar

Post by NickWalker »

The next beta test version of AS (v.7.8.4) will have an option to always retain a repository across source types - only for generic sources as this is already possible in a different way with templated sources.
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/