* Residence tab in Birth Entries showing Marriage Place

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
David2416
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Residence tab in Birth Entries showing Marriage Place

Post by David2416 »

Hi Nick,

I am puzzled why the Residence tab in Birth Entry is showing Marriage Place. Surely it should be showing Birth Places as on the Baptism Entry? I am sure it was in earlier versions or is my memory at fault and I am missing something?

Regards David
Screenshot 2023-11-04 101125.jpg
NickWalker
Megastar

Re: Residence tab in Birth Entries showing Marriage Place

Post by NickWalker »

I know a lot of people don't read the help (and knowing I have to write new help information is the aspect of AS development that I most dislike and it tends to put me off adding new features) but if you press F1 and look at the help for the main page and the birth entry type it says:
Marriage Place and Date (Residence Tab)
Some birth certificates record the place and date of marriage of the parents of the child (if applicable). If this information is entered, a marriage fact, with citation, will be created when the record is saved if there is not already a marriage recorded for them. If the details entered are different to those already recorded then when the birth entry is saved, a dialogue will appear asking whether the existing marriage fact should be updated with the details given. There is also the option to not update the marriage fact but just to include a citation to the birth record to show that this confirms the details already recorded.
The marriage place and date have always been there in earlier versions of AS. The birth place is on the first 'Main Info' tab.
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
David2416
Superstar

Re: Residence tab in Birth Entries showing Marriage Place

Post by David2416 »

:D Thanks Nick, mea culpa :oops: