* Inserting FH created web site into WordPress

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
BillyBoy1943
Family Historian: V7

Inserting FH created web site into WordPress

Post by BillyBoy1943 »

Hi
I wish to insert a simple web site created using the Family Historian web site wizard (v.7) into an existing WordPress site. All I want is for the Family Historian web site features to work when set within a page of a WordPress web site. I am hopeful this can be done fairly simply, but I can find nothing on how to do it.

My questions are: Can this be achieved, and if so, what do I need to do?

Sadly, I have limited experience of building web sites so anything too technical may be beyond me.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
mjashby
Megastar

Re: Inserting FH created web site into WordPress

Post by mjashby »

This old thread and the WordPress Plugin mentioned might help to get you started: https://www.fhug.org.uk/forum/viewtopic ... 966#p97966

But I'm not sure that WordPress is suitable for directly importing a 'complete' website built using a genealogy application.

Mervyn
Valkrider
Megastar

Post by Valkrider »

I am the author of that plugin that @Mervyn mentions and it has moved on considerably from the initial version of 4 years ago.

However in answer to your question yes it can be done BUT it is not easy. The website created by FH uses HTML files and to incorporate those files is what is the challenge. It maybe a lot easier to set the FH website up in a sub-domain of your main site or in its own folder within the Wordpress folder. Then have a menu link from Wordpress to the FH website and another back again. Getting the same look and feel will then be your challenge.
BillyBoy1943

Post by BillyBoy1943 »

Thank you Guys for your advice. Very helpful. I'll see what I can do.