* Blank or general event

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Ruth_W
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

Blank or general event

Post by Ruth_W »

Is there a way to create an event without it having a title? I have a few events that would be good to note for evidence of a person being alive in a certain place and time, but they are perhaps a bit too specific to create a whole new custom event for - I suppose I could create 'Other' if need be ...
The event that made me think this were two ancestors who served as Churchwardens. I don't want to call it occupation, as they continued with the day job.
I've also thought that occasional mentions in a newspaper or court record might warrant something similar.
Any advice or thoughts?
Mark1834
Megastar

Re: Blank or general event

Post by Mark1834 »

Coincidentally, I was asking myself a very similar question only yesterday. I came across a local newspaper report of minutes reporting that my g-grandmother be awarded a certain sum of money as owed from her late husband’s pension. I’ve duly created a suitable source record, complete with image, but I haven’t decided yet what the event should be, or even for which person!
Mark Draper
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

No, you cannot create a fact without a name/title.
What about a custom Attribute called Note where the Value can identify the type of Note such as news report, court report, or employment.

The Sentence Template would be tricky so the options are:
{blank} and edit the Sentence box for each fact.
{note} and put the sentence in the Note box.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Ruth_W
Diamond

Post by Ruth_W »

Thanks, Mike. I assumed that must be the case. I might just create 'Other' or 'Note' as you suggest. I'm not too concerned with the sentences (I don't tend to do reports etc) and it would only be a few entries, I think, so no great bother to adapt as I go.