* Property Window - Unsourced facts (revisited)

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
laz_gen
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Property Window - Unsourced facts (revisited)

Post by laz_gen »

Earlier this year Mike was kind enough to help with my wish to indicate sourced/unsourced facts in the property box, see viewtopic.php?f=32&t=21443&p=133131#p133131

This spawned a Wish List request for Calico Pie to consider it further. https://www.fhug.org.uk/wishlist/wldisp ... lwlref=593

I have been using Mike's solution happily but have only just realised the characters only show in the Fact Tab of the Individual Property Box, they do not show in the Family Property Box.

I have looked at the fact definitions and other config but can't see anything relevant. Am I missing something?
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Property Window - Unsourced facts (revisited)

Post by tatewise »

The FH Help page Fact Definition - Advanced Features Dialog explicitly says the Summary Template does not apply to the Family Property Box:
It is possible to view Family records in the Property Box, and the Property Box will also have a Facts tab in that case. However, the Summary Template is not used in the Facts tab for Family records.
However, the online Help Fact Definition - Advanced Features Dialog omits that paragraph!
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Jean001
Famous

Post by Jean001 »

In V6 I made much use of the Summary Template settings for Family Facts. When I upgraded to V7.0.11.0 in June 2022 the customisations still applied. After I upgraded to v7.0.18 the customisations no longer applied.

I posted here to check if others experienced the same situation and Mike Tate confirmed my findings.

Following that I contacted Calico Pie. The response was '...However, the Summary Template is not used in the Facts tab for Family records.'

They pointed me to the Help information which did indeed state that.

I expressed my disappointment, and hoped that they would re-instate the option.
Jean
laz_gen
Famous

Post by laz_gen »

Thank you both for your replies. I missed the explanation in the help file.

The settings showing in the Individual property box is enough to show the source status, it just struck me as strange today seeing things from a different viewpoint i.e. from the Family view instead. I even went checking again at my fact definitions in case something had changed.

Not to worry, maybe Calico pie will consider it worth changing, they may see the wish list item, see the votes and incorporate all the improvements (Individual & Family properties) in a future update.

I live in hope.