* [Already Implemented] Adding Bookmarks for Sources

For Wish List Requests that have either (a) been progressed to the Wish List; or (b) been classified as duplicates, or as redundant because the requirement is already satisfied within FH and/or plugins; or (c) closed because it wasn't possible to arrive at a clear specification of the request within 15 months of it being raised.
Gowermick
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

[Already Implemented] Adding Bookmarks for Sources

Post by Gowermick »

When adding a citation to a fact, one can right-click the chosen source in the Select source... dialogue box and then select Add Bookmark from the context menu.

It would be nice if this feature also applied to sources listed in the Record Window Sources tab.

I knew I read recently it can be done, and knew it involved a Right-click somewhere, but had to search the forum to find Nick Walker's post on the subject, to find out exactly how to do it!

BTW The help menu (F1) or KB doesn't even mention the ability to bookmark sources, or if they do, it is well hidden
Mike Loney

Website http://www.loney.tribalpages.com
http://www.mickloney.tribalpages.com
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Re: Adding Bookmarks for Sources

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

In nearly six months, this item has not received any support. It needs support from at least one other person before it can progress.
jelv
Megastar

Post by jelv »

Am I missing something here or not understanding the request?

If on the records window Sources tab you Configure Columns and add the "Bookmarks" List membership item you can add/remove bookmarks with a single click of the checkbox (i.e quicker than right click then select add or remove that you have on the Select Source dialog). It also has the advantage that you can see which sources are bookmarked in the records window and sort by the Bookmarks column.
John Elvin
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

I believe John is correct. I couldn't find documentation on the Select Source... dialogue Show Bookmarks icon.
However, it seems to be a reference to the default Bookmarks Named List and any Source records therein.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

Mike L, does the input from John and Mike T mean the request is no longer needed? If it is still needed, can you explain what you need to do that you can't do.
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

Closing as it seems the functionality already exists.