* query for URL in citation note

Questions about Generic and Templated Sources within FH and their associated Citations and Repositories
gapperly
Gold
Family Historian: V7

query for URL in citation note

Post by gapperly »

I use a lumped generic source for information found in online images such as a parish register. I save the URL to the online image as a web link in a citation note. I generally don't need to see the URL so I add display text such as "Image." This provides a clickable link to the online image labeled "Image" which serves the purpose.

I would like to run a query to see the actual URL. The expression %INDI.BAPM[1].SOUR[1].NOTE2[1]% returns only the display text "Image". What expression do I need to return the URL, or is that even possible?

Gerald
Gerald Apperly
gapperly
Gold

Re: query for URL in citation note

Post by gapperly »

I was able to view the actual URL using the "Search and Replace" plugin. I did a LUA Pattern search only for <web= and the result is in the Data Value column.
Gerald Apperly
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Yes, I could find no way of revealing the hidden URL by using a Query.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
gapperly
Gold

Post by gapperly »

FH allows me to add a Web Link in a Note to a Source Citation; however it will not allow any change to an existing Web Link. I can see the existing Web Link in the Note tab of the Edit Source Citation floating window. When I right click on the note itself a menu pops up which allows me to go to the Edit Web Link dialogue. The Edit Web Link dialogue appears to allow changes to both the Web Address and the Display Text, and any change made in the Edit Web Link dialogue appears back in the Edit Source Citation window when the Edit Web Link dialogue is closed with OK.

However, when the Edit Source Citation window is closed the changes to the Web Link are not saved.

I have submitted a ticket to Calico Pie.
Gerald Apperly