* Integration with Zotero

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
sbell95
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Integration with Zotero

Post by sbell95 »

Hi all,

Without knowing whether this is possible, I'm wondering if anyone has ever considered writing a plugin for FH7 to integrate with Zotero. My goal would be to have all references in one Zotero repository which can then be used in FH, Word, etc -- basically having them in an interchangeable format like .bib.

For integration with FH, a plugin could pull up the Zotero reference selector, add it to a FH source record and then allow the addition of citation details. There would be a basic source template for this purpose (or maybe a couple for Zotero item types such as Book, Manuscript, etc). Bonus points if there was some sort of reference back to the original Zotero item (maybe even just the citation key -- although I suspect auto-updating the FH source if the Zotero one changes would not be possible?).

The only genealogy software I know of that possibly supports this is a Gramps plugin called CardView. I'm not sure how that works, but it's there as an example.

Is this possible with a FH7 plugin?
Sarah Bell – Australia
fhtess65
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Integration with Zotero

Post by fhtess65 »

I've no idea if it would be possible, but am definitely think it's a cool idea...
sbell95 wrote: 14 Feb 2023 23:43 Without knowing whether this is possible, I'm wondering if anyone has ever considered writing a plugin for FH7 to integrate with Zotero. My goal would be to have all references in one Zotero repository which can then be used in FH, Word, etc -- basically having them in an interchangeable format like .bib.

<SNIP>
Is this possible with a FH7 plugin?
---
Teresa Basińska Eckford
Librarian & family historian
http://writingmypast.wordpress.com
Researching: Spong, Ferdinando, Taylor, Lawley, Sinkins, Montgomery; Basiński, Hilferding, Ratowski, Paszkiewicz