* Counting Facts per person

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
TMG_refugee
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Counting Facts per person

Post by TMG_refugee »

I wanted to get a list by person of how many facts that they have so I can concentrate my edit work on people who probably need it.

I found on this forum that Mike Tate in 2015 had a link to a plugin that was called "Count Facts Per Individual".

I downloaded it and it provided almost everything that I needed. I tried searching the plugin store for this plugin but could not find it. To make this more useful it would be nice if I could get the Record Number of the individual along with the name. I have many individuals with the exact same name so it is a try it and look to find the correct person.

Is this plugin no longer available and if it is is there a later version that includes the record number?
BillH
Megastar

Re: Counting Facts per person

Post by BillH »

The plugin is not in the store, it was attached to a forum post. See Fact Count (10147). That is quite awhile ago so the plugin may or may not work correctly in FH 7.

Bill
Bill Henshaw
TMG_refugee
Famous

Post by TMG_refugee »

Bill,

That is the plugin I found as well. I am using FH 7.0.15 and it works as designed. I was hoping that the record number had been added to further clarify the people.
BillH
Megastar

Post by BillH »

I misread your posting. I'm sure it can be added, but I don't really do plugins so can't help. Maybe Mike Tate will see this and indicate what it would take to add the record number.

Bill
Bill Henshaw
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

It would be possible to add the Record Id to the results but if you simply double-click on any Individual name it opens their Property Box which shows the Record Id in the caption at the top. Click on any other name and it shows their Property Box.

I've found a moment to update the Plugin which is attached.
Last edited by tatewise on 02 Feb 2024 12:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attachment Count Facts Per Individual deleted ~ ask Mike Tate if you need a copy
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
TMG_refugee
Famous

Post by TMG_refugee »

Mike,

Sometimes i can feel pretty dumb.That works well. But I may still want to add the rec numb so I can keep track of my edits in a spreadsheet. That is what I have done with the output from the plugin.

I guess the logical next move would be for me to research lua and see if I can add the rec numb.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Did you not notice that I have already added the Rec Id in the Plugin ATTACHMENT to my previous posting :idea:
TMG_refugee
Famous

Post by TMG_refugee »

Mike,

I did get the new plugin and it works very well. Thank you. This will simplify my efforts greatly
TMG_refugee
Famous

Post by TMG_refugee »

I don't know how I should do this but I had the "count facts by person" plugin in 2022 and since then it has disappeared. I have looked at the plugin store and on my own hard drive. Is this plugin still available anywhere?
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Plugin authors may no longer attach plugins to forum postings, so all old attachments have been deleted.
Only a handful of users showed an interest in this plugin so did not seem worth publishing in the Plugin Store.

If you have not deleted the plugin it should still be listed in Tools > Plugins... and can be Run from there.
However, if you moved FH to a new PC and did not copy the custom settings then it was left behind on old PC.

It can be downloaded from Count Facts Per Individual so please keep it safe. This link will not last indefinitely.
Use one of the Backup and Restore FH Settings plugins to preserve customisations including plugins.
Alternatively, in Tools > Plugins... use the Export... option to save it for your standard backup regime to preserve.
TMG_refugee
Famous

Post by TMG_refugee »

Mike,

Thanks for that. Downloaded, installed, run and output is now in a spreadsheet. This will allow me to concentrate my editing of those that will have the most impact

I will export so I don't lose this copy.

Again thanks