* New FindMyPast Premium Subscription

The place to post news about genealogy products and services that might be of interest to other Family Historian users.
Gowermick
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: New FindMyPast Premium Subscription

Post by Gowermick »

Unless I’m reading their e-mail wrong, I am being offered the premium subscription for £19.99 PER MONTH!

It seem it is not an upgrade for £19.99. This explains why some are being charge £19.99 for 2 days, followed by another £19.99 a few days later (i.e. the next month)
Paying monthly @£19.99 is £240 (less 12p) per year, not exactly a bargain!
Mike Loney

Website http://www.loney.tribalpages.com
http://www.mickloney.tribalpages.com
AdrianBruce
Megastar

Post by AdrianBruce »

I can't vouch for your offer, but my receipt reads
"Item purchased: UK 12 Month Premium 11 Oct 2022
"Payment: £19.99"

A 12m upgrade for £19.99
Adrian
Gowermick
Megastar

Post by Gowermick »

Ah-so you already had a subscription! Mine was for a new subscroption :D
Mike Loney

johnmorrisoniom
Megastar

Post by johnmorrisoniom »

Is anyone having problems with the upgrade.
I have upgraded, but still am being asked to pay for images, I can access transcriptions OK though.

I have contacted FMP but still waiting for a reply.
Valkrider
Megastar

Post by Valkrider »

Finally got my subscription sorted with FMP Customer Service so back to the proper Ultimate but it is showing the upgrade to Premium at $45.17 including a 15% discount not the £19.99 that has been mentioned. It seems that FMP has various prices for everyone which seems odd.
dewilkinson
Superstar

Post by dewilkinson »

They charged me £34.99, but its worth it. Already exceeded that in value, and I found several very interesting bits of information.
David Wilkinson researching Bowtle, Butcher, Edwards, Gillingham, Overett, Ransome, Simpson, and Wilkinson in East Anglia

Deterioration is contagious, and places are destroyed or renovated by the spirit of the people who go to them
David2416
Superstar

Post by David2416 »

arthurk wrote: 11 Oct 2022 13:20
brianlummis wrote: 11 Oct 2022 12:03 Edit - Caution, I have just tried to upgrade, and it tells me that I will be charged £19.99 today and then £199.99 less discount in 2 days' time - I think I will wait a couple of days!! I am now wondering whether the additional amount for the annual subscription is more than £19.99.
If you qualify for the 15% loyalty discount, the renewal price is £169.99 for Premium, and £152.99 for Pro. My Pro sub is due fairly soon, and they've told me that if I contact them in advance they can do it as Premium, and I'll get the discount. Otherwise, if I renew at Pro level and than upgrade manually, I suspect that rather than an extra £17 I'd have to pay £19.99, which the FAQs give as a minimum charge for upgrading.

If you don't qualify for the discount, an annual Premium sub is £199.99, and Pro is £179.99.
I emailed them a couple of days ago as my Pro subscription was due to renew today, asking to be renewed to the Premium subscription. That worked and I was charged £169.99 for a Premium subscription :)
Gowermick
Megastar

Post by Gowermick »

I followed up on my discount e-mail and found that Premium subscription is only available as an Annual subscription!

If money is tight and you only want 3 months at a time, Premium subscription and free access to 1921 is not available!
So its pay £199.99 per annum (No discount), or no free access to 1921!

My 20% discount is on selected subscriptions, and doen't include Premium

I don't think I'll bother
Mike Loney

jbtapscott
Megastar

Post by jbtapscott »

Must admit I was also thinking about upgrading from Pro but given the pig's ear they've just made of my renewal and the response to my email querying this, I'll probably leave it for a while.

My original "forthcoming renewal" email referred to a price of £179.99 and also added that I would be eligible for the 15% discount. Needless to say, when I checked my bank account no discount had been applied!. I emailed about this pointing out that this was now, effectively, a near doubling of the price to me in 2 years (£93.46 in Oct 2020, £119.99 in Oct 2021 and now £179.99 in Oct 2022). Their response was to offer me a 20% discount on my next renewal (viz. Oct 2023)!. I will hold off replying for 24 hours so that I can tell them in more polite terms than my original thoughts, what they can do with their discount and next years renewal!!
Brent Tapscott ~ researching the Tapscott and Wallace family history
Tapscott & Wallace family tree
arthurk
Superstar

Post by arthurk »

My sub was supposedly due to renew in the middle of last night, and I'd arranged to get it upgraded to Premium at the same time for a cost of £199.99 less 15% = £169.99. It didn't actually go through their system until this afternoon, but otherwise it happened as planned and I now have the full Premium sub.

As you've had problems, maybe you should point out that they've managed to do it correctly for other customers, even when an upgrade is involved, so why not for you when it's a much simpler like-for-like transaction? As you've now paid £179.99, I think if it were me, then to make up for the hassle I might try asking for an immediate free upgrade to Premium: that way you don't have to pay the extra £19.99, but they'd still have £10 more than if you'd taken the route I did. It might not work, but could be worth a try.

(Edit: but on reflection, this does overlook the fact that they have overcharged you, so maybe you should be asking for the £10 back as well....)
David2416
Superstar

Post by David2416 »

The latest Lost Cousins newsletter mentions a 20% discount offer.
Mark1834
Megastar

Post by Mark1834 »

Most of my research needs are met by Ancestry, as it is has excellent coverage of those areas of most interest to me. At the moment, I just have a rolling 3-month Plus sub for FMP, while I’m working on geographic areas where FMP excels (principally Kent and Shropshire).

Checking my annual renewal options, FMP are offering me Plus at £85 (with a 20% discount applied), but Premium is £181 (no discount offered)!

That’s a lot of 1921 census images (most of which would be “nice to have”, rather than essential), so I’m in no hurry to take them up on that...
Mark Draper