* Easy updating of Citation Date

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
Pentris
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

Easy updating of Citation Date

Post by Pentris »

For many years I used the current date for all my 'Citation specific details' date. A few years ago I discovered that this should be the date of the source document. As some sources have over 20 citation entries there are large numbers of dates to laboriously update. I thought that the plugin ADD ASSESSMENT TO CITATIONS FOR A SOURCE would help but it does not yet run in FH7. Is there any other way of changing a date across all the citations used for a specific source in an easier process.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Easy updating of Citation Date

Post by tatewise »

Apart from deleting the Entry Date for multiple Citations, the only way of changing the Entry Date for multiple Citations is to use a Plugin.

I have reviewed and updated the Add Assessment to Citations for a Source plugin for FH V7.
However, it currently only offers the standard GEDCOM/FH V6 Assessment values and not the new FH V7 values.
It should still work for FH V6.

See the Add Assessment to Citations for a Source V7 plugin Version 1.2.1 Date Jan 2022. If Jane sees this she is welcome to review and publish this update.

Beware that it updates both Assessment and Entry Date, so if you only want to change the Entry Date take care to select the Citation's current Assessment value.
Last edited by tatewise on 01 Feb 2024 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attachment replaced by link
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Pentris
Diamond

Re: Easy updating of Citation Date

Post by Pentris »

Mike
Thank you very much. This works brilliantly and will save me an awful lot of time.
Robin Dew