* Private custom event still showing in reports (V7)

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
HollyAdams01
Silver
Family Historian: V7

Private custom event still showing in reports (V7)

Post by HollyAdams01 » 02 May 2021 06:53

An individual gave a child up for adoption and has not told this to other family. I have it in my tree but obviously do not want any details appearing in reports or charts. I have marked the child, the child's birth and adoption, and the other birth parent as private.

I have also created a custom family event called 'Association', which links the birth parents and where private notes can be stored (in this specific instance there aren't any notes). The event is copied from Marriage with no changes other than Name and Label. In this instance I have marked the Association event as a Private fact.

When I publish a Descendant Outline with Privacy settings to "Omit all references to Individuals flagged 'Private'" and "Hide all private facts (where the 'Private' flag is set)" there is still a very small reference to the Association event, where it shows:
Mary Smith, daughter of John Smith & Jane Doe. Born 1943. Married Robert Roe 1962.
= (unknown)
= Robert Roe
The '= (unknown)' line indicates that previous relationship which I am trying to keep hidden. Even if all details are obscured, the very fact that it exists looks like an error, or highlights that there's a secret.

When I try other report types with the same Privacy settings, this private relationship also appears in the Individual Summary Report and in the Record Details - Individual report.

But if I do a Descendants by Generation report, again with the same Privacy settings, there's no reference to the relationship. All the facts marked Private are hidden. And I can easily just right-click and hide it from any charts before publishing.

So how do I hide it in Descendant Outline / Individual Summary / Record Details reports? I'd prefer not to delete the 'Association' event, as the privacy settings clearly work in one report.

tatewise
Megastar

Re: Private custom event still showing in reports (V7)

Post by tatewise » 02 May 2021 09:51

Hi Holly,
That would appear to be an oversight in the way those Reports are composed.

The only workaround is to temporarily delete the spouse family link between the adopted child's birth parents.
i.e.
In the Focus Window right-click Mary Smith where she is partnered with the birth father and choose Unlink Record.
Publish the necessary Reports and save as PDF or print or whatever.
Then use the Edit > Undo Unlink Family Member command to restore the birth parent link.

Please report the problem to Calico Pie via http://www.calico-pie.com/osticket/open.php.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry

HollyAdams01
Silver

Re: Private custom event still showing in reports (V7)

Post by HollyAdams01 » 02 May 2021 11:54

Thanks Mike, I will do. I felt like I was missing a step somewhere, so am relieved to know it's not me but the computer!