* Image Keywords

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
Kingy
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

Image Keywords

Post by Kingy »

Hi

I couldn't see any posts about this but am sure I can't be first to ask, but here goes. :D

When adding a Document Image to any of the categories (Census, Bapt etc.) the Keywords defaults to Picture, but in my mind it is a document (albeit a picture of the document) So I would like to change the default selection from Picture to Document. Is that possible? I realise I can change it manually but that is just something I will miss occasionally and so not maintain consistency.

Also whilst I am here is there a way to bulk change the Keywords of ones already submitted?

Thanks in advance.

Paul
NickWalker
Megastar

Re: Image Keywords

Post by NickWalker »

Hi Paul

If you select, for example, Document in AS as a keyword for an image then next time you add an image it will use that keyword. So it defaults to the last keywords you used.

I don't spend enough time in FH to be able to answer your second question without a bit of research and I'm working currently, but hopefully someone else will be able to help you with that.

Cheers

Nick
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

When adding images in AS, if you change the Keywords using the [...] button on the right, then they are set as the default for that type of data entry.

Also, see the FH Tools > Preferences > Media settings.

There is a Keyword Update plugin to bulk change Keywords but it needs updating for FH V7, so you must contact the Author.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Kingy
Diamond

Post by Kingy »

Excellent !!

Thanks both.

Paul
PeterR
Megastar

Post by PeterR »

The Keyword Update plugin, originally written for FH5, later modified for FH6, is now approved for FH7.
Peter Richmond (researching Richmond, Bulman, Martin, Driscoll, Baxter, Hall, Dales, Tyrer)
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Peter, well done for updating the Plugin, but unfortunately, you overlooked the change need to the Online Help button.
Currently, it still refers to the old Knowledge Base help page which will be retired in due course.
The new help page is in the Plugin Store at https://pluginstore.family-historian.co ... ord-update.
So the function param_action needs to use:
fhShellExecute("https://pluginstore.family-historian.co ... ","","open")
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
PeterR
Megastar

Post by PeterR »

Many thanks, again, Mike. Updated version submitted for review.
Edit: approved.
Peter Richmond (researching Richmond, Bulman, Martin, Driscoll, Baxter, Hall, Dales, Tyrer)