* Stop printing Witness information

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
kfunk_ia
Family Historian: V6

Stop printing Witness information

Post by kfunk_ia » 03 Dec 2019 23:12

I am new to FH and I am currently exploring it to see if it will meet my needs. I like the way Witnesses can be added and used. But....I would rather not have it print out in reports in most cases. For example, the individual narrative has the married couple and the witnesses and justice of the peace all printed. I do not want the witnesses in the report at all. Is there a way to selectively his information that I have managed to miss?

Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V6.2

Re: Stop printing Witness information

Post by Jane » 03 Dec 2019 23:27

If you are talking about Narrative Reports you can simply use the Tools>Fact Sets option from the menu and change the default sentences to your preference.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

kfunk_ia
Family Historian: V6

Post by kfunk_ia » 03 Dec 2019 23:55

That would work, but I will, at times, want that to print witness information. Is there some means of commenting out bits of the sentence template, so that when I do want it, I just un-comment that part?
Jane wrote:
03 Dec 2019 23:27
If you are talking about Narrative Reports you can simply use the Tools>Fact Sets option from the menu and change the default sentences to your preference.

tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by tatewise » 04 Dec 2019 00:09

A solution to that problem is to have a duplicate Fact Set containing the Fact Type definitions you want to control.
Both Facts Sets would have definitions for the same Facts and their Witness Roles.
But one would include full Witness Sentence Templates and the other would leave them blank.
By changing the order of those two Fact Sets one would eclipse the other and take precedence.
See Knowledge Base > Narrative Report Fact Sentence Templates and in particular the Tip at the bottom of the Default Fact Definitions section.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry