* Customising a Family Group Sheet

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
cinnabar
Family Historian: V6.2

Customising a Family Group Sheet

Post by cinnabar »

This is the first time I have posted here, so please be gentle with me if I have missed something blindingly obvious . . .
I have produced a Family Group Sheet report, which includes nearly everything I want - except the details of the children's marriages. I can see the names of the spouses - just not when and where the marriages took place, which I would really like to have included. So I go to the Report Options dialogue, and I think I want to add 'Marriage' to the list of Family Member Events/Attributes. Which would do exactly what I want - only it won't let me! The list of Events that I can add in doesn't include Marriage - and it won't let me add it as a custom event, as it says the Event type already exists. At which point I seem to be stuck . . . is there some other way of doing this, and if so how?
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Customising a Family Group Sheet

Post by tatewise »

Welcome.
You have explored the Options and correctly identified that Marriage or any other Family facts cannot be added to the chronological Facts of each Individual (Husband, Wife & Children).

The best you can do is add them to the Family Member Main Items.
But that will add them to the Husband & Wife as well as the Children.
They will also appear out of context before the individual facts.

You would need to Add Items with Expressions such as:
%INDI.FAMS[1]>MARR% to %INDI.~SPOU[1]>NAME%
and repeat for index [2] and [3] et seq

You will probably want to hide the entry for Spouses to avoid duplication.

Alternatively. experiment with the Descendant Outline Report.
See glossary:descendant_outline|> Descendant Outline.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
cinnabar
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by cinnabar »

Thank you very much for that explanation. I had tried to edit the Family Member Main Items, but composing Expressions such as you have indicated is way beyond my competence at the moment! I shall take up your suggestion and go and investigate the Descendant Outline report.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by tatewise »

It is not so difficult as it first seems to compose basic Expressions.
Use the << Insert Data Ref button and the Data Reference Assistant just as you would in Queries and Diagram Text Schemes. etc.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry