*Family Historian on multiple devices

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
KRaggs219
Family Historian: V6

Family Historian on multiple devices

Postby KRaggs219 » 13 Jul 2018 16:37

Hello All,

I'm a newbie with this program. I would like to be able to work on our family tree using my desktop computer, but also my laptop when we travel. Sometimes my husband has to go to a school/training and I tag along and have a lot of down time at the hotel. However, in a trial run here at home, when I open the software on my laptop I canNOT see the project that I have started and named in the project box that first pops up. What do I need to do so that the information is saved and updated, so that I can work on our family tree from either device?

LornaCraig
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Re: Family Historian on multiple devices

Postby LornaCraig » 13 Jul 2018 17:16

Hello, welcome to FHUG.

Your FH projects can be synchronised either via a local network in your home, or via cloud storage such as Dropbox or Onedrive. There is a list of synchronisation tools in the Knowledge Base here:
Knowledge Base > Downloads and Links ~ Synchronise and Backup Tools

Many users find the simplest method is to use one of the cloud storage options, and guidance on how to do that can be found by following the links in the above article. If you need any further advice after reading those sections, feel free to ask here again.
Lorna

Return to “General Usage”