*Facts not resourced

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
SpencerDudeUK
Gold
Family Historian: V6

Facts not resourced

Postby SpencerDudeUK » 12 Jun 2018 09:20

Before I get in too deep with the number of people in my tree, I would like to see if there's a way of querying all the facts to see a) if there is no resource attached, and b) to see if there is an image attached to the resource (N.B. Type 1 and type 2). Some items are added as a type 1 resource in their own right, but many are generic resources with citation media added.

When you're adding people in, you 'know' facts and add them, saying 'Personal Knowledge', or if you have the BMD reference, etc. I would like to keep tabs on those I need to revisit to add the certification, etc., as and when I find it...?

DavidNewton
Superstar

Re: Facts not resourced

Postby DavidNewton » 12 Jun 2018 10:48

A custom query will find which facts have no sources. I am attaching one version

Unsourced Facts.fhq
(890 Bytes) Downloaded 3 times
Last edited by DavidNewton on 12 Jun 2018 10:49, edited 1 time in total.

Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V6.2

Postby Jane » 12 Jun 2018 10:49

I assume by "Resourced" you mean "Sourced", there are lots of Queries in the downloads which show facts with the sources attached to them. Personally I use sources such as "Verbal - Jane Taubman" to show information taken from others. These all have a type of Verbal. When I have more concrete evidence I promote that source above the Verbal one in the list.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Postby tatewise » 12 Jun 2018 11:34

Start with Knowledge Base > Downloads and Links ~ Query Type: Fact and choose those Queries that get close to what you need and then customise them as necessary.
Front runners would be:
Knowledge Base > Query:Fact ~ Citation Details
Knowledge Base > Query:Fact ~ Unsourced Facts
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history.

SpencerDudeUK
Gold

Postby SpencerDudeUK » 12 Jun 2018 14:05

Once again, superb response - just what I was lookin for! Thanks again.

Return to “General Usage”