*Changing the name of a Record Flag

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
Family Historian: V6

Changing the name of a Record Flag

Postby 500430 » 12 Mar 2018 18:12

I need some help on changing names of a Record Flag. I have added a Record Flag "Marriage Certicate" which obviously is misspelt and therefore will not link to the inputs from Ancestral Sources where the flag is correctly spelt. If I try to change the flag name using Work with Lists and Flags as instructed on page 230 of the guide by Simon Orde and in FAQ "Editing a Flag Name in v6.2.2" I get the error message "Name is too similar to an existing flag name. Please choose another name". If I choose another name Ancestral Sources I assume will not pick up the link. Is there a way round this?

pwe
Famous
Family Historian: V6.2

Re: Changing the name of a Record Flag

Postby pwe » 12 Mar 2018 19:05

Could you not change the name twice? The first time change it to something very different to "marriage certificate" and then the second time change it to the required correct spelling that you want.
Peter E

tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Postby tatewise » 12 Mar 2018 19:13

See Flag names (14921) on a similar topic.

The reason FH objects is that only the first dozen characters are used to differentiate flags.

Take a look at Knowledge Base > Using Flags and Icons and Expressions and you can probably dispense with those flags altogether, and use a simple expression instead, depending on what you use the flag for.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history.

Family Historian: V6

Postby 500430 » 12 Mar 2018 19:41

Many thanks. I took the double hit method suggested by pwe and it appears to have worked.

Return to “General Usage”