* Expression =FactOwner(%FACT%,1,MALES_FIRST)

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Gary Carson
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Expression =FactOwner(%FACT%,1,MALES_FIRST)

Post by Gary Carson »

When using the expression =FactOwner(%FACT%,1,MALES_FIRST) this returns name with surname last. I would like to return Surname first. Can I add a qualifier to accomplish this?
Gary
Win 10, FH 7.0.15
Jane
Site Admin

Re: Expression =FactOwner(%FACT%,1,MALES_FIRST)

Post by Jane »

It actually returns a Record which will sort by surname, if you want a column with just the surname use
=GetFieldText(FactOwner(%FACT%,1,MALES_FIRST),"%INDI.NAME:SURNAME%")

You could of course combine this with
=GetFieldText(FactOwner(%FACT%,1,MALES_FIRST),"%INDI.NAME:GIVEN_ALL%")

So
=Text(GetFieldText(FactOwner(%FACT%,1,MALES_FIRST),"%INDI.NAME:SURNAME%") . ", " . GetFieldText(FactOwner(%FACT%,1,MALES_FIRST),"%INDI.NAME:GIVEN_ALL%"))

but note this will not be a record link so you won't be able to click on it to open the person.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

This crops up so often that I wrote advice on it three years ago.
See how_to:sort_fact_query_on_owner_surname|> Sort Fact Query on Owner Surname that gives all the options including having a single column that both sorts in Surname order and actively links to the record.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Gary Carson
Famous

Post by Gary Carson »

Thanks to Jane and Mike. Using the expressions you suggested met my requirement. Leaving the original expression in place then gave me a way to look at the original record. Will experiment with Mike's suggestions in Knowledge Base.
Gary
Win 10, FH 7.0.15