* spouses added in error

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
celia98
Family Historian: V6.2

spouses added in error

Post by celia98 »

help please - I've added a spouse twice in error to 2 separate individuals. in both cases I've tried removing all the data/deleting without success. in both cases I've been trying to show 2nd marriage and get children attached to correct parents.
so I now have male with same wife twice (so lots of loopy lines linking their children!)
if I take the info out I end up with empty box on diagram
is there any easy way please to remove a spouse from property box?
I'm on v6.0.0
many thanks
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: spouses added in error

Post by tatewise »

Hello Celia, welcome back to the FHUG.

I have moved this to the FH General Usage Forum because the User Group Forum is, as it says, for "Suggestions and requests for help on using this site. For help with Family Historian please post in the General Usage Forum."

First a little housekeeping so your FH Version shows in your Profile to the right of your posting (currently is V5).
i.e. Click your username celia98 top right and choose User Control Panel.
Then on its Profile tab, select Family Historian Version 6 and scroll down to Submit.

However, you really should update to the latest free V6.2.5 as explained in how_to:about:version_6.x.y|> Family Historian Version 6.2.5.

Now to your problem with Spouses.
See how_to:removing_unwanted_relations|> Removing Unwanted Relations that explains how to use the Focus Window to Unlink Record for unwanted Children and Spouse records.
It sounds like you should NOT use the Delete Record option.

I presume the 2nd marriage cases involve a different Spouse form 1st marriage.
See how_to:recording_children_other|> Recording Children for Multiple Partnerships.
When you add the 2nd Spouse you almost certainly need to choose Create New Record unless that Spouse already exist in your database in an Individual record.
Likewise, when you add a Child almost certainly choose Create New Record.

Do you need to move any Child from 1st Spouse to 2nd Spouse because they are recorded under the wrong parents?
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry