* Suggestion for Marking Individuals as Provisional in Tree

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
Saltrams
Gold
Family Historian: V6.2

Suggestion for Marking Individuals as Provisional in Tree

Post by Saltrams » 22 Jun 2017 15:39

I wanted to mark some individuals as "Unconfirmed" in my tree. I do this when I find a lead from someone else's tree (not that I'm not trusting or anything ;) ) or any time I'm not sure that the data is correct.
I searched all the available help resources and I found that all the solutions offered were either not obvious enough or were too complicated. I want to look at the Property Box or Focus Window and know immediately if the named individual is the result of my meticulous research :geek: or is in there waiting to be researched and confirmed. So, I have chosen to do this:

Add a custom Flag (I called mine "UNCONFIRMED", yes, in capitals, just to be clear!)
Apply the Flag to the individual
Customise the Property Box by placing the following in the Property Box Caption for "Individual"

Code: Select all

%INDI.NAME:ADORNED_FULL% <#=AhnentafelNumber(FileRoot(),%INDI%,1)> =ExistsText(%INDI._FLGS.__UNCONFIRMED%, "Unconfirmed")
I hope someone else might find this workaround useful.

tatewise
Megastar

Re: Suggestion for Marking Individuals as Provisisonal in Tree

Post by tatewise » 22 Jun 2017 18:18

Yes, that is a convenient extra indication in the Caption, but I think most, if not all, the techniques described in Knowledge Base > Recording Credibility of Family Relationships could use the same indication via a similar but different expression.

I will consider adding examples of such expressions to the KB page.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry

Baboon281
Diamond

Post by Baboon281 » 17 Aug 2017 06:47

Saltrams, this looks like something that would be very useful to me. Not being very technically minded I am a little unclear as to how I go about completing the task you refer to

Customise the Property Box by placing the following in the Property Box Caption for "Individual".

Are you able to point me in the right direction as to where / how I include the coding

%INDI.NAME:ADORNED_FULL% <#=AhnentafelNumber(FileRoot(),%INDI%,1)> =ExistsText(%INDI._FLGS.__UNCONFIRMED%, "Unconfirmed")

you refer to. Thanks

tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise » 17 Aug 2017 09:24

From the Property Box cog Menu top right choose Options or use Tools > Preferences > Property Box.
Then click the Captions button to obtain the Property Box Captions dialogue.
I have added those commands to Knowledge Base > Recording Credibility of Family Relationships.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry

Baboon281
Diamond

Post by Baboon281 » 17 Aug 2017 11:11

Thanks works a treat.

Saltrams
Gold

Re: Suggestion for Marking Individuals as Provisional in Tree

Post by Saltrams » 17 Aug 2017 12:35

Hi Baboon, really sorry I didn't reply sooner. Real life getting in the way of more important things again! Glad tatewise was able to step in.