* 1) Merging files (there are several issues).

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Ron Melby
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

1) Merging files (there are several issues).

Post by Ron Melby »

Just prior to the index listing of the merge of two project files there appears a screen with some statistics on it.
It says something on the order of ...
Facts not checked, do you want to proceed anyway?

Option to continue or cancel (I do not have the program in front of me) but it is as best I remember it.

So going thru the knowledge base and the help index, I see nothing on how to check these facts.....and prepare the files for this merge.

What am I missing?
FH V.6.2.7 Win 10 64 bit
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: 1) Merging files (there are several issues).

Post by tatewise »

The glossary:merge_compare_files|> Merge/Compare File mentions:
"For now just concentrate on the Action, Match Score and Chk columns in the first list."
and later:
"When you are happy that you have done all you can on that record, click on the name in both the Current and New Records list and then click on the the Check button at the bottom of the window. You will see a Y in the Chk column."
and regarding the prompt you mention:
"If you have not checked all the records you will be prompted to confirm that it is ok to go ahead."

It is talking about the Chk column and Check & Uncheck buttons in the Merge dialogue that are mentioned in the Help for Features of the Merge/Compare Dialog which is top of the Help Search for Merge Check topics.

i.e. You are meant to log which records have been Checked by you as part of the Merge verification process.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry