* Website created with FH software - can I include that in a WYSIWYG Website software programme

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Valkrider
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Website created with FH software - can I include that in a WYSIWYG Website software programme

Post by Valkrider »

You can use th Inspect Element option in Firefox or Chrome to see and change the CSS of any item on your page. It only affects it for you not for anyone else and only until you refresh the browser page.

Have a look at this article https://zapier.com/blog/inspect-element-tutorial/

If you want some more info try YouTube and if you can't find anything let me know and I will do a quick video for you.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Website created with FH software - can I include that in a WYSIWYG Website software programme

Post by tatewise »

My browser is Firefox and to change font settings use:
  • Click the hamburger Open menu icon top right.
  • Click gear cog Options halfway down.
  • On General settings scroll down to Fonts & Colours.
  • There set Default font size and on Advanced button there are more settings.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Columbine
Gold

Post by Columbine »

Thank you both very much. I will go investigate.
Look for the small things in life to bring joy.
PeterR
Megastar

Post by PeterR »

Well done! It all seems fine to me now (using Chrome).
Peter Richmond (researching Richmond, Bulman, Martin, Driscoll, Baxter, Hall, Dales, Tyrer)
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Yes, most of the earlier problems have been satisfactorily resolved.

On a technical note, I have reviewed the CSS codes for http://www.shrubsolefamilytree.co.uk.
There appears to be no signifiant difference between the CSS font-size setting for menu button text and the body text.

The menu button text is defined by such as .OBJ-3 span that sets font-size:13px; and is applied via:
<a href="..." id="..." class="OBJ-3 ActiveButton Down" style="..."> <span>Home</span> </a>

The body text is defined by such as .C-2 that sets font-size:40.0px; and is applied via:
<span class="C-2">Welcome to our website</span>

It is not clear why the latter is immune to browser font size changes and the former is not.
Perhaps someone with a more in depth understanding of how CSS works can explain.

However, there are some sections of body text that are affected by browser font size changes.
e.g.
<p class="Body P-3"><span class="C-3">...</span><span class="C-5">(Please note .... later searches)</span></p>
and
<p class="Body P-8"><span class="C-9">Mum, Pop & Nana</span></p>
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Don't worry too much about the font size of some text; it is unlikely to be a significant issue.

I have added your web site in links:members_web_sites:shrubsole_family_tree_mark_ii|> Member Web Site ~ Shrubsole Family Tree Mark II.
It will appear in the main links:index|> Member Web Sites in due course.

One thing I noticed, that I hope you have considered, is several FH entries for people born after 1918 with no date of death and so may still be alive. Those records should really be marked with a Living flag so their online details are minimal to protect their privacy, unless you are sure they don't mind