* Inserting a Text Box into a Diagram

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
geopet544
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

Inserting a Text Box into a Diagram

Post by geopet544 »

In earlier versions of FH, I inserted a Text Box into a Diagram simply to provide a Title for the finished Chart.
I have tried to do this in the current version (6.2.7): I get a keylined box, right click it and clicking 'Format' I write in the wording I require with some other simple formatting. I then click apply and nothing appears in the box. What am I missing (other than a brain)?
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Inserting a Text Box into a Diagram

Post by tatewise »

That should work.
Are you saying that even the text you enter into the Text tab of the Format dialogue does not appear?
Exactly what 'simple formatting' are you trying to apply?
Are you using the Font button, or <<Insert Data Ref, or Alignment, or Inner Margins, or what?
Some formatting such as setting Font Colour to White or very large Inner Margins would make the text vanish
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
geopet544
Platinum

Post by geopet544 »

Yes - 'text' I entered into the Text tab of the Format dialogue does not appear
I set a font - Lucida Bright - on my computer and appears in list of available fonts
Text colour is black
margins are put at 5mm all round

??
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Presumably the default word Text appears in the Text Box initially?

Just try changing one setting at a time until you determine which one makes the text vanish.
i.e. Just change one Inner Margin such as Top, or just the Font Name but not Font Style or Size.

Try increasing the size of the Text Box itself by selecting it and dragging its handles, or reduce the Inner Margins all to 0 mm.

If all fails then please attach a screenshot of the Text Box with the Format box settings.
geopet544
Platinum

Post by geopet544 »

I apologise for not responding earlier - I have been struck down with bronchitis since Christmas Eve !
However, I today tried increasing the margins, then increasing the font size and - low and behold - it all appeared.
I suspect that my diagram - which is nearly 2 metres by three metres - was too large to spot the text when viewing it all in one box.
Many Thanks for your help
Peter
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Peter, I think what you are saying is you had a very large Text Box with a relatively small Font Size, so the text was just a tiny spec that was almost invisible.
I'm glad you got that resolved, as I was running out of ideas.