* Tentative FH data

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
peterbel
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Tentative FH data

Post by peterbel »

Is there a best/recommended way of recording individuals in FH, who are not confirmed relatives? This has come up for me when trying to go back into the 1700's.
I wanted to record the information that I had come across but I couldn't be certain the individuals were relatives until I did further research and perhaps found confirmation via another source.
Tracing the Devon Bellamy family along with their partners.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Tentative FH data

Post by tatewise »

This is a recurring topic that has been discussed many times.

See how_to:recording_credibility_of_family_relationships|> Recording Credibility of Family Relationships that offers various recording techniques, and lists over a dozen Forum threads on the subject that discuss them in more detail.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
peterbel
Superstar

Post by peterbel »

Thanks Mike, I will have a read and see what suits my data.
Tracing the Devon Bellamy family along with their partners.
trevorrix
Famous

Post by trevorrix »

A short answer is that I use the IN PROGRESS flag that I have set to display a heavy dotted box for the person concerned in diagrams together with a "men at work" icon. Simple and effective.
Trevor Rix