* Id Numbers Prefix

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Senelstune

Id Numbers Prefix

Post by Senelstune »

I am building a book using the FH Publish Book feature.

I have come from TMG via a direct import and now solely using FH. From FH, I export to GEDCOM using Mike's GST plugin for import into John Cardinal's GEDSITE. This all works like a dream, thank you.

On my website, all id numbers are shown with a leading # hash symbol, for example, #17. When using the FH Book Publish feature, the id number appears as, using the same example, like this [17].

Is it possible to get the id number to show as [#17] .... I can live happily with the square brackets, in fact I quite like them, but it would be nice if I could get some code in there that implants a "#" immediately after the first open square bracket and before the first digit of the id number.

I know this may sound trivial in the scale of other things, but it would be nice.

Cheers,

john
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Id Numbers Prefix

Post by tatewise »

It depends on exactly which [id] entries you have included in the Book.
Some may be customisable to [#id] but others not.
e.g. The ones in the Index cannot be customised, so for consistency it is unlikely to be satisfactory.

However, I suspect GedSite can be customised to use [id] entries.
Try asking John Cardinal on gs-l@googlegroups.com.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Senelstune

Re: Id Numbers Prefix

Post by Senelstune »

Thanks Mike.

Will do as you suggest.

john