* Best Export Gedcom File Mode to GedView?

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
BEJ
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Best Export Gedcom File Mode to GedView?

Post by BEJ »

What Export Mode is recommended for use with Calico Pie's GedView when using the Export Gedcom File plugin?
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Best Export Gedcom File Mode to GedView?

Post by tatewise »

GedView is nothing to do with Calico Pie and is not free.

We have no details of exactly what features GedView supports, so you will be our guinea pig.

Try the Export Gedcom File modes for (Std) Standard GEDCOM 5.5 or (Sdr) Standard GEDCOM Draft 5.5.1 and perhaps try some of the Extra Options for such as Witness Role to Keep Custom Tags.

Let us know what works and what is not supported.

Alternatively, try (HER) Heredis by BSD Concept that offers free versions for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
BEJ
Famous

Post by BEJ »

My mistake. I misread that "About" in the app was about the app itself rather than the open Tree. See following screenshot.

I have exported and imported Gedcom 5.5 and things seem fine. I'll try Gecom Draft 5.5.1 and see if I notice any differences---the description provided by the developer states the following. "While GedView is targeted towards GECOM 5.5.1 it will read in any version. . . ."

I chose GedView over Heredis because I preferred the GedView interface, it was developed specifically for IOS and worked well on my iPad, and it seemed more universal.

Thanks for your response.

P.S. Sorry, screenshot file too large to post. I think you get the gist of my error.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Things to look for that genealogy products often omit include some Name fields, Fact Address (ADDR), Fact Age (AGE), and Fact Witness Role (_SHAR, _SHAN, ROLE).
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry