* Electoral Roll - Dates Taken

Got general Family History research questions - this is the place
davidm_uk
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Electoral Roll - Dates Taken

Post by davidm_uk »

I'm trying to pin down when my grandparents moved from Letchworth to Welwyn Garden City. From Find My Past I have them in the Spring 1926 Electoral Roll in Letchworth, and then in 1927 in WGC (no Spring or Autumn given). Does anyone know more precise dates when these electoral rolls where taken, or where I can find this out. I've only got PAYG access to FMP, so can't quickly get to any sort of header page, and haven't found the dates anywhere else on there, or via a general google search.
David Miller - researching Miller, Hare, Walker, Bright (mostly Herts, Beds, Dorset and London)
arthurk
Superstar

Re: Electoral Roll - Dates Taken

Post by arthurk »

The British Library has a guide entitled "Parliamentary Constituencies and their Registers since 1832". This lists all the ones they hold, but it also has a very useful introduction which deals with questions like dates, who was entitled to register etc.

You can download it as a free pdf from https://www.bl.uk/britishlibrary/~/medi ... encies.pdf
davidm_uk
Megastar

Re: Electoral Roll - Dates Taken

Post by davidm_uk »

Excellent! Thank you Arthur.
David Miller - researching Miller, Hare, Walker, Bright (mostly Herts, Beds, Dorset and London)