* 30% Discount?

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
wianb
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

30% Discount?

Post by wianb »

Just found this snippet of info tucked away "Family Historian users are automatically entitled to a 30% discount on MyHeritage subscriptions."
I currently have a 14 day free trial of MyHeritage with 7 days left. How do I now get my 30% discount when trial comes to an end? I can find nothing about this discount on the MyHeritage website.
Ian Bonner
Fathers family - Scotland
Mothers family - Trinidad & Tobago and Barbados.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: 30% Discount?

Post by tatewise »

See Sign up with My Heritage with a third off! that explains how,
and Introduction to Automatic Internet Data Matching that says 25%.

You just click on any View record button and you will a get Buy now page which currently offers 25% discount.

You would need to ask Calico Pie why the discount is not 33%.
I suspect over the years it has reduced and they have overlooked updating all the advice webpages.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
wianb
Platinum

Post by wianb »

Hmm, just read the small print: "To view the list of matching records, you don’t need to open an account with MyHeritage. But to view the records themselves, you normally will need a data subscription. If one is needed, when you click on the ‘View Record’ button to view a listed record, MyHeritage will prompt you to set one up if you don’t already have one. The good news is that Family Historian users automatically get 25% discount on these, so be sure to follow this route to setting one up. If you just go to the MyHeritage website and set up a data subscription ahead of time, it will still work but you won’t get the discount."

So it's a NO I guess.
Ian Bonner
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

It might be best to ask Calico Pie or MyHeritage as we are only the User Group and don't manage such things.

However, you are still in the free trial period and have not yet actually subscribed anything.
So sign-out of MyHeritage, and try the View Record route again - do you see the 25% discount offer?

If so, then cancel your MyHeritage free trial account so you don't get charged, and use the View Record technique instead.
wianb
Platinum

Post by wianb »

Yep that worked - 25% discount. I will continue my free trial and make a decision then. I think Calico Pie need to update their webpages! Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
Ian Bonner
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Ian, use the how_to:about#problem_reporting|> Problem Reporting procedure and ask Calico Pie to update their webpages.

Also consider whether it is worth a subscription if you only want it to enable 'hints'.

Review the alternative subscription options to see what is best for you, because there are many other research options.
See Find my Past... or Ancestry ? (15275) for ideas.