* Font Sizes Lifespan and Divider lines

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Font Sizes Lifespan and Divider lines

Post by tatewise »

You can automatically include the printed by and current version and date by using:
Printed by "Family Historian" version %CUR_FILE_HEADER.SOUR2.VERS% on =Today()

Then you only have to add the time if required.

If your Submitter data is different in different Projects then the method shown earlier will automatically use current Project data.

Calico Pie tend to make FH offer different solutions to other products.
Instead of giving a fixed format Submitter Box they provide a fully customisable Text Box in which you can include almost anything to your own format. Once created within a Custom Diagram Type that offers exactly what every person needs.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
jsphillips
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by jsphillips »

Thanks Mike
I am not a newbie but far from even a novice
Some of the people that have bought this program are newbies and find some of this daunting. Surely a good program should try to make some operations automatic or default and then customisable if the default setting is not required.
ie set up submitter data as standard and then click a radio box for default insert or ignore or customize

Anyway a good program and you and Jane are "Stars".
Although I must admit that I find other ways like my suggestion above to get round things sometimes easier.
Thanks for everything lets close this subject
Bye and best regards
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by tatewise »

Just in case it is useful I have added fhugdownloads:contents:diagram_type_submitter_text_box|> Downloads and Links > Diagram Type ~ Submitter Text Box and the Text Box itself can be copied to any Custom Diagram Type or Chart.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry