* Problem with FMP Rejected Hints

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
jbtapscott
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Problem with FMP Rejected Hints

Post by jbtapscott »

Just wondering if anybody else has encountered the issue I have found this morning. In essence, the FMP Hints screen offered eight records - a number of these were quite obviously not "good" links (Death record dated before persons Birth, etc), so I hit the Reject button without even taking the Review option. Once completed, and without closing the browser tab, I questioned in my mind whether I had perhaps rejected one particular record when I should not have and therefore selected the "Rejected" option from the dropdown list - FMP reported that there were no rejected hints, whereas I thought (know!) I rejected six records.

Subsequently, I closed the browser tab and, from within FH, selected the FMP matches option again - it now only shows (correctly) two records (both on the FH Focus window and in the newly opened browser tab) but still no Rejected hints.

I propose raising this with Calico but before I do I was just wondering if anybody else has encountered this?.
Brent Tapscott ~ researching the Tapscott and Wallace family history
Tapscott & Wallace family tree
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Re: Problem with FMP Rejected Hints

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

I suspec tyou'd be better reporting it to FMP who 'own' the functionality. It's probably a timing effect.
jbtapscott
Megastar

Post by jbtapscott »

I've looked back through some of the old forum posts and have found reference to something in the KB which indicates that rejecting hints using the Reject button does not result in these hints going in to your Reject list but instead they just "disappear". It's a pain, but perhaps I'll have to stop using the "Reject" button!
Brent Tapscott ~ researching the Tapscott and Wallace family history
Tapscott & Wallace family tree
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Brent, it may depend on whether you were logged in to FMP via the browser used for the 'hint' reviews.
If NOT logged in, then FMP has no account against which to log the Rejections.
That is explained in how_to:internet_data_matches#findmypast|> Internet Data Matches > FindMyPast.
But primarily the feature was added to allow Reject without Review for records to which you have no subscription.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry