* Descendant Narrative Report

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
HilaryF
Family Historian: V6

Descendant Narrative Report

Post by HilaryF »

When I print out my Descendant Narrative Report the first person I have doesn't have any information instead the following comes up 1. Nathaniel PICKLES [298] has few details recorded about him.

In his property box under facts he has an approx birth, date and place for banns, marriage, census returns for 1841 and 1851 and death and burial records - I don't consider that he has few details and I have never seen this before on the reports that I have produced before. Is this a known problem and does anyone know how to fix it.
thank you
LornaCraig
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Descendant Narrative Report

Post by LornaCraig »

That is odd, because that sentence should only be generated if he has no facts recorded abut him.
In Report Options > Main tab have you set the Individual Events/Attributes to display All?
What happens if you untick 'Auto-generate Sentences if Missing Facts'?

Are you sure you are looking at the right person's Property Box? Perhaps there are two people named Nathaniel Pickles in your file? Check that the Property Box is for Nathaniel Pickles ID 298.

Here is the paragraph from the Help files:
Attachments
auto generate sentences.JPG
auto generate sentences.JPG (39.3 KiB) Viewed 3885 times
Lorna
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

With the Descendant Narrative Report displayed for Nathaniel PICKLES [298], under Page Records on right, double-click his record name to open his Property Box. Does that person have any Facts tab entries?
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
HilaryF
Family Historian: V6

Post by HilaryF »

Hello Lorna
The Individual Events/Attributes to display All? was correct and when I untick the Auto-generate Sentences if Missing Facts'? all that changes is that the sentence 'has few details recorded about him' disappears. i thought that I might have had some problems with the data but if I create a Descendant Outline report the information shows. I am completely at a loss as to how to get this information to show.
LornaCraig
Megastar

Post by LornaCraig »

Did you check that Nathaniel Pickles ID 298 is the right Nathaniel Pickles?
Follow the method Mike described in his reply, to open the Property box for the person shown in the report. Then post a screenshot here showing both the line in the report and the Property box.
Lorna
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Hilary, you need to become a detective and explore various scenarios.

Ensure that the Descendants by Generation report has all its Options at Installation Settings on every tab.

Check Nathaniel PICKLES [298] has a sensible Sentence at the bottom of the Facts tab for every Fact.

Experiment with other Narrative Reports, i.e. Ancestors by Generation and Individual.

Experiment with other Individuals to see if any produce the same symptoms.

Experiment with the Family Historian Sample Project to see if it produces the same symptoms.

Let us know if you can spot a pattern. What works OK, and what does not.
Post screen-shots of the symptoms and ensure that each one identifies the same Record Id.
See info:forums#posting_topics|> Posting Topics about Attachment screen-shots.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry