* Using abbreviations in diagrams

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
JeanneR
Silver
Family Historian: V5

Using abbreviations in diagrams

Post by JeanneR »

I am trying to print a descendants diagram, and would like the fact labels to come out abbreviated to save space. I.e. birth to print as ' b' and died to print as 'd'

Also how do you delete the word 'in' before the place name please?

Jeanne
Jeanne
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Using abbreviations in diagrams

Post by tatewise »

You need to Edit the Text Scheme as explained in how_to:key_features_for_newcomers|> Key Features for Newcomers within the ƒh Book: "Getting the Most From Family Historian" in Chapter 9 Setting the Style, Layout & Content of Diagrams.

Your previous posting Fact not printing in diagram (15807) did some Text Scheme editing.

In this case, in the Edit Text Scheme dialogue, you must work down the Used Items for Birth, Death, etc, click Edit and change the Template text for each one to reduce Born to b and remove in.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
JeanneR
Silver
Family Historian: V5

Re: Using abbreviations in diagrams

Post by JeanneR »

Mike
Thanks for the reply, I have managed all the changes from Birth to B and Death to D. Also managed to get rid of the 'in' word.

Jeanne
Jeanne