* Place Records

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
waltonnz
Diamond
Family Historian: V6

Place Records

Post by waltonnz »

I should like to be able to see the names of the individuals that each place record is attached to. Is this possible in FH?
BillH
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Place Records

Post by BillH »

Go to the Records Window and select the Places tab. Select the appropriate place record in the list. Then you have a couple of options.

1. In the toolbar select View > Record Links...

2. Use the plugin Where Used Record Links. This is easiest if you add the plugin to the Tools option in the toolbar.
Gowermick
Megastar

Post by Gowermick »

Another, possibly simpler way, is to use the map window. Click on the place in the left hand column to put a marker on the map, then click the marker to make a drop-list appear, to show which people are linked to the place and why.
Mike Loney

Website http://www.loney.tribalpages.com
http://www.mickloney.tribalpages.com
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Patricia, a little housekeeping, nothing to do with your question, but your Profile on the right of your posting.
Click your username waltonnz top right of this web page and choose User Control Panel.
Then on its Profile tab, select your Family Historian Version 6, and scroll down to click Submit.
Thereafter we know which version of FH you have and give you the best answer.

Another option to find what uses a Place record is via Tools > Work with Data > Places.
From the Place List select any name and use the Records or Where Used options on right.
Also from here the View in Map > View in Map Window is a handy shortcut.

I have added how_to:finding_where_records_are_used|> Finding where Records are used that describes comprehensive alternatives.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
waltonnz
Diamond
Family Historian: V6

Post by waltonnz »

Thank you so much to all of you for your help. I really didn't think it was possible but, as usual, FH comes up trumps. I have copied and pasted the information you have given me so I have it to hand for next time I'm stuck. I have also tried to edit my profile and hope I got it right. So very grateful for your help.
Patricia