* Link a note

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
ruthhenrietta
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

Link a note

Post by ruthhenrietta »

I'm having one of those 'aghghghghg' moments... (How) can I link a note to another person... or even just copy a note...?
AdrianBruce
Megastar

Re: Link a note

Post by AdrianBruce »

I know - brain fade...

You can't link a simple local Note to anyone else - it's sub-ordinate to the person or fact that it's under. You need to create a Note Record - go to menu item Add > Shared Note... (I guess the clue is there in the word "Shared" but even I forget that bit of the name). (Shared) Note Records are visible on the Notes tab of the Records Window.

To link them to someone, you need to go to that person, go to their Notes tab, and choose Add Note > Add Link to Note Record. Yes, there are lots of other places and other ways that they can be shared but that's the easiest....
Adrian
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

If you want to copy some Note text, then highlight the desired text, then right-click and choose Copy.
Move to the target Note field, then right-click and choose Paste.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
ruthhenrietta
Platinum

Post by ruthhenrietta »

Thanks Adrian - really helpful - had no idea I could do that