* AS Media Files

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
bonalymac

AS Media Files

Post by bonalymac »

Still trying to learn the basics.

I've entered Marriage details via AS, then added a linked Marriage Cert image.

When I return to FH, the Image is clearly there eg
fh3.jpg
fh3.jpg (83.64 KiB) Viewed 4036 times
But in the media section it does not show. Am I doing something wrong, or is this expected behaviour. I haven't found anything in the tutorials to answer this.
fh4.jpg
fh4.jpg (84.42 KiB) Viewed 4036 times
Thanks
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: AS Media Files

Post by tatewise »

1st screenshot is looking at the Source record showing image is attached to its Media tab, because it is a source document.

2nd screenshot is looking at the Individual record Media tab which is for photos of the person.

Think about it a bit further.
The Marriage Certificate applies to both Rupert and Janet and is not only cited by the Marriage Event but also by other facts added by AS. So to keep everything in one place, it is all in the Source record.

It looks like you have used the ancestralsources:ancestral_sources_tutorial_entering_marriage_facts|> Ancestral Sources Tutorial ~ Enter Marriage Facts.
The last step ancestralsources:tutorial:marriage:examine_family_historian|> Ancestral Sources Tutorial ~ Enter Marriage ~ (9) Examine Family Historian explains where everything has been saved in FH.

Note that Individual, Family, Source and Place records all have a Media tab for images associated with them. Also Media can be attached directly to Facts and to Citations. See glossary:formal_database_structure|> Formal Database Structure.

BTW: I have moved this to the Ancestral Sources Forum as it is not a Plugin issue.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
bonalymac

Post by bonalymac »

Thanks again.

Its obvious once explained, but not so clear beforehand.

Thanks again

Colin

PS the speed of help as well as its quality on here is absolutely first class. It really is appreciated. We are dealing with a complex product here and it is not easy as a newbie. So thanks to all.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by tatewise »

No problem.
Since FH V6 there is a shortcut to the Source Media.
In the Facts tab or the Sources For pane, with the Fact or Source selected, click the Show Media button in the central toolbar to display the image, with further options to show it in the context of other records.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
bonalymac

Post by bonalymac »

Got it. Thanks