* Last record used on exit - first record opening on restart

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
alananne
Gold
Family Historian: V6.2

Last record used on exit - first record opening on restart

Post by alananne »

I am working my way through a trial version alongside my PAF5.
I am used to opening the program at the same record that I was working on when I last exited. Is this possible in FH?
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Last record used on exit - first record opening on restart

Post by tatewise »

Yes, see how_to:remember_current_records_being_updated|> Remember Current Records being Updated.

Also have you seen how_to:import_from_paf|> Import from Personal Ancestral File (PAF) but bear in mind that you cannot use Plugins in the FH Trial version.

As a relative newcomer see how_to:key_features_for_newcomers|> Key Features for Newcomers and work through all the topic links.

Why are you trialling FH V5 when you could be using the FH Trial V6 with so many new features?
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
alananne
Gold

Post by alananne »

Thank you for that reply.

I have followed the path suggested in the FH guidance from video tour onwards. I am now trying to compare how I use PAF5 with what FH6.2 has but searching the indexes with PAF5 descriptions isn't getting me very far, so far.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by tatewise »

There is no need to repeat a previous reply when responding.

Different genealogy products tend to use different terminology for similar things, and offer different features via different user dialogues. So I advise you just become more familiar with FH via the Key Features for Newcomers and eventually you will find it easier to relate PAF5 features to FH features.

Are there any particular PAF5 features that you need help with comparing with FH features?

You say you are now trialling FH V6.2 so could you please update your Profile via your username top right and the Edit Profile link to set your Family Historian version so it appears to the right of your postings.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
alananne
Gold

Post by alananne »

My apologies for the profile being incorrect. I did make the change requested in the forum description but my submission clearly failed!